Monday, March 21, 2011

Over at Grasping for the Wind...

John Ottinger, over at Grasping for the Wind, asks us the following question for his Inside the Blogsphere feature:

If you had to leave your house in a hurry, and you could only grab five volumes off your shelf, which five would they be and why?

I picked Soul Catcher by Frank Herbert (review), The Dune Encyclopedia by
Willis E. McNelly, The Lies of Lock Lamora by Scott Lynch (review), The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (review) and Tuf Voyaging by George R.R. Martin. What to know why? Head on over to John's Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Someone else whose read Soul Catcher, awesome! It's nice to find another Herbert fan whose aware he's written something other than Dune. Don't get me wrong, Dune is incredible and I've read it a million times, but I enjoy his other fiction too. and we both had the Rothfuss and Lynch in our top 5 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to dig up all Herbert's novels not set in the Dune universe. I plan on reading and reviewing them all eventually. There are a number of weaker novels in his catalogue but I don't think stuff like Soul Catcher or The Dosadi Experiment is any less brilliant than Dune. Shame so much of it is out of print.

    ReplyDelete