Monday, April 12, 2010

A Second Fantasy Realm Review

A while ago the Dutch-language website Fantasy Realm asked me to review a book for them by author Dick Marco Stedehouder. I wasn't all that impressed with the book but I must have done something right reviewing it because last week a review copy of Mando Vidé en het Robotbevrijdingsfront by Django Mathijsen landed on the doormat. As you will have guessed from the title, Mathijsen is another local talent. His book is published by Books of Fantasy, a small publisher seeking out original Dutch-language Fantasy, Science Fiction and Horror. Not too long ago I reviewed another of their books: Vuurproef by Bianca Mastenbroek (this review is in English).

Books of Fantasy seems to have spotted another talented author, I quite liked Mathijsen's first novel. I think he could have shown off his knowledge of robotics a bit more but despite that he delivered a very exciting, fast paced techno-thriller. A full review of Mando Vidé en het Robotbevrijdingsfront can be found here. The review is in Dutch I'm afraid but should you be interested, Google translate doesn't entirely butcher it beyond recognition ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment